Warehouse Picker Wanted At KwaZulu-Natal
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Warehouse Picker Wanted At KwaZulu-Natal
Star Merchant has an exciting opportunity available for a Warehouse Picker (Junior) to be based in Umhlanga, Durban. The incumbent will be responsible for the process of picking general stock accurately as per the picking slip. Responsible for updating bin cards correctly according to stock received and stock picked to ensure minimum variances. Responsible for packing stock accurately. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives, goal plans and targets. Comply with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making.
- Basic computer literacy
- 1-year experience in warehouse picking
- Understanding of how to use packaging material in the most cost-effective way
- Understanding of how to use a calculator
- Financial metrics/operational duties:
- Pack stock in the correct designated area once items are received and GRV’d into Pastel Evolution. Make sure items are as stated on the GRV.
- Picking of stock correctly as per the picking slip request. Picking must be accurate in quantity and in nature of the good.
- Do not pick damaged stock, mark as damaged and notify the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Verify (second check) fellow assistant has picked the correct items & quantity should you be required to work in the dispatch area.
- Update stock cards (Bin Cards) correctly (as per the quantity of item issued or received) & timeously. These should be done neatly and legibly.
- Notify Warehouse Supervisor of all shortages (or any other variance) immediately.
- When required to assist in receiving of stock ensure quality, quantity and all information on documentation from suppliers is correct.
- Assist with weekly stock counts and ensure this is done accurately and timeously.
- Assist with verifying monthly stock takes and ensure this is done accurately and timeously.
- Ensure accuracy of stock being received or dispatched to ensure zero variances.
- Ensure warehouses and working areas are in a clean state by COB each day.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself and the onus is placed on you to set-up performance review meetings with the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager.
Compliance, risk and quality:
- 100% compliance with company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- 100% Compliance with relevant laws and regulations relating to the warehouse.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Growth and new markets/products
- Assist with projects as directed from time to time.
- Adhere to measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short term, medium term and long-term goals of the company.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent time management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ensure impressive planning, organizational, leading and controlling skills
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency
- High level of integrity, trustworthiness and reliability
- Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit winningform.simplify.hr.