Vacancy for Logistics Manager Wanted At Durban
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Toys R Us and Babies R Us South Africa
Job Title: Vacancy for Logistics Manager Wanted At Durban
We are a dynamic company looking for creative and diligent people to join Us. We offer a great work environment and a promise that you won’t get bored if you are up to the challenge and want to be part of something magical.
We are currently looking for a talented Warehouse & Logistics Manager to join our Head Office team based in Durban.
Responsible for managing and directing all operational activities within Warehousing & Logistics. Providing leadership and management in operational areas such as: Operational efficiency, continuous improvement and driving performance.
This role operates in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-pressure, fast-changing environment, where the individual within this role needs to create structure and provide focus and direction.
The role leads and manages a team responsible for the efficient execution of warehousing and logistics functions. External clients will include inter alia:- packaging suppliers, transport & courier companies, third-party logistics, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas
- Overall management and coordination of all Warehouse & related DC activities (Inbound Receipts, Outbound OTIF, Returns/Credits/Claims, Inventory Management, Quality Assurance, Safety (SHE); Security and General Facility Management).
- Overall management and coordination of all outsourced services, including but not limited to warehousing, logistics and e-commerce fulfilment.
- Overall management and coordination of all internally managed services, including but not limited to warehousing, logistics and e-commerce fulfilment.
- Drive operational efficiency and excellence. Generate, cultivate and communicate ideas for continued improvement of processes and activities across all areas of the DC and logistics operation.
- Measuring performance, providing feedback and hold the Team accountable for their performance.
- Work closely with internal functions (Ecommerce, CRM, Store Operations, HR, Finance, Buying, Planning) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives.
- Developing annual operating budgets in support of the company’s financial goals and responsible for P&L management; Complete cost justification and determination of Return on Investment (ROI).
- To ensure ON-TIME delivery of goods and orders to all stores and customers.
- Accurately and competently report all inventory adjustments for signoff as per company rules.
- Ensure the monitoring of quality, quantity, stock levels, costs and efficiencies of the warehouse.
- Provide, lead, give directions and set priorities on stock requirements, availability, and load planning
- Resolve delivery inconsistencies, stock returns, credits and damages.
- Report and ensure that internal control systems are functioning.
- Maintain age analysis report, identify and motivate the write off and/or bad quality stock.
- Maintain a good level of housekeeping.
- Ensure warehouse is safely secured.
- Implement strategies to enhance overall performance.
- Implement operational best practices – supported by detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all of the operational activities within the Warehouse and associated Operational activities.
- Ensure products are correctly received, put-away, stored, accurately picked, packaged, labelled and shipped out to stores in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage relationships and negotiating with the suppliers and transport partners.
- Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualifications and Experience
- Matric (Essential)
- Diploma or Degree in Logistics/Warehousing (Essential)
- Driver’s license, with PDP (Advantageous)
- Min 5 years related Warehouse experience in Retail industry
- Intermediate MS Office Skills (Essential)
- Behavioral Competencies
- Good communications skills (verbal and in writing)
- Good interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.careers24.com.