Forklift Driver/Picker Needed At Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Forklift Driver/Picker Needed At Cape Town
A love for the sea and passion for fishing are the driving forces behind I&J, a leading fishing company and manufacturer of high quality chilled and frozen foods. Almost 110 years old, I&J is the trusted name in seafood, operating a modern and efficient trawler fleet, and continually investing in the training and development of experienced fishing crews, committed to fishing responsibly, with a long-term vision. I&J has achieved and maintained accreditation from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) since 2004. I&J is a globally respected supplier of high quality, chilled and frozen Cape Hake and a leading producer of farmed Cape Abalone. It is also one of AVI’s great South African brands. I&J is proudly South African and invests in, and empowers, the communities in which it operates.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a FORKLIFT DRIVER / PICKER at I&J, Auckland Cold Store in Cape Town. As the successful incumbent, you will be responsible to efficiently and effectively operate and drive a counter-balance forklift truck which is a radio frequency controlled, programmed, battery-powered forklift, to pick the correct product and quantity in accordance with the order received from the customer, in a manner which is conducive to protecting product quality and providing a safe working environment.
- Line Manager: Checker Supervisor
- Job Specification:
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensures a Safe and efficient workplace
- Customer order picking
- Notify the Checker of any damaged or shortages in the pick face. Then giving the batch & location so it can be written off, and moved to the damages or shortages location as soon as possible.
- Completing daily cycle count as requested by the Receiving Supervisor.
- Maintenance, safety and housekeeping – ensure upkeep
- Maintain materials handling and equipment in good working order
- Carry out Forklift operations in line with the OSHAC and I&J standards
- 2 years forklift driving experience
- Experience within the FMCG environment would be advantageous
- Experience working within a Warehouse / Cold storage environment
- Grade 10 or higher
- Valid Machine Operating licence
- Knowledge of risk health and safety regulations
- Thinking Rationally
- Continuously Improving
- Understanding Others
- Working Together
- Considering Others
- Attention to Detail
- Minimizing Risk
- Taking Initiative
To apply for this job please visit ij.simplify.hr.