Facilities Manager Required At Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Empact Group
Job Title: Facilities Manager Required At Cape Town
The Main Purpose of the job
The incumbent will be responsible to coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repair work in building. They will manage a team of workers, regularly inspect the site, execute work as necessary, maintain equipment and assign workers to various projects.
Education and Experience required:
- Matric of relevant bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Facilities Management or Technical equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in FM on Senior Management level.
- Thorough understanding of maintenance planning and scheduling
- Advanced Excel and Word Proficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- An understanding of Customer Care
- An understanding of Health and Safety issues
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own
- Demonstrable track record of achieving results (operational, projects, people)
- Problem solving ability – ability to think out of the box and ability to adapt to changes in working conditions
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Successful track record of exercising judgement/effective decision making
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair (including structural repairs) of the interior and exterior of the Facility, through the development of a planned and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for the scheduling maintenance services of planned maintenance activities and ad-hoc scheduling of any repairs required.
- Responsible for the scheduling and maintaining of all equipment and vehicles, through the development of a planned and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Co-ordinating the cleaning, hygiene, landscaping, bird-proofing, and gardening services of outsourced service providers
- Co-ordination and supervision of contractors performing work at the Facility and signing off on job cards after completion.
- Responsible for effective waste management at the Facility and recording of waste volumes.
- Responsible for the scheduling and co-ordination of all statutory audits, inspections, and tests.
- Responsible for full close-out of observations and tasks with reference to facilities management via systems.
To apply for this job please visit empact.simplify.hr.