Executive Housekeeper Wanted Urgently
Location: Dolphin Coast
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: First Group Management (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Executive Housekeeper Wanted Urgently
Beautiflu large hotel in Ballito is looking to employ an Executive Housekeeper to manage and ensure the smooth running of the department.
Purpose of the position:
Supervises all housekeeping employees, has the authority to hire or discharge, plans, and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping personal, work assignment and requisitions supplies. Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of the entire hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with accounts and General Store for linen, uniform, and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement housekeeping systems and procedures!
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees staff areas
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventative maintenance schedule of rooms and a public area with the maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests
- Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems Opera / Opera Cloud
- Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
- Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 20+ employees.
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. Word processing, spreadsheets, databases
To apply for this job please visit www.careers24.com.