Assistant Warehouse Manager Needed At Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: West Coast Personnel
Job Title: Assistant Warehouse Manager Needed At Cape Town
- Assistant Warehouse Manager – Montague Gardens – R17000 per month
- Hours: 7:45-4:45 (Monday- Friday)
- 8:30-12:30 (Saturday)
- About the company:
an importation and distribution company that specializes in bringing the highest quality Italian foodstuff, wine, liquor, and catering equipment to the South African market since the early 1970s. We are headquartered in Johannesburg and have offices in Cape Town and Durban to service the restaurant and hospitality industries.
We are looking for a young and driven individual to help with merchandising, stock rotation, and ordering of stock. You will need to ensure that stock is sufficiently on hand to meet our customer’s needs whilst ensuring that our warehouse space is used efficiently. Additionally, you will also help the walk-in clientele. The candidate will need to be physically fit and willing to carry boxes and machinery.
- Receiving, moving, checking, and storing incoming goods.
- Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring that they are of accurate quantity, type, and acceptable quality.
- Packaging and labelling products before they are dispatched.
- Selecting space for storage and arranging for goods to be placed in the designated areas.
- Making sure that all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
- Loading and unloading vans and other vehicles.
- Maintaining and servicing warehouse tools, machinery, and trucks.
- Welcoming and helping clients who visit the branch.
- Contacting transport companies and coordinating dispatch and delivery with them.
- Preparing deliveries for drivers.
- Moving and organizing stock.
- Supervising the work of junior staff.
- Ensuring a clean and safe workhouse for staff to work in.
- Storing stock away safely
- Removing hazardous products from the warehouse.
- Occasionally selling goods over the trade counter.
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Moving items through the warehouse from receipt to dispatch to customers.
- Occasionally delivering stock to shops and retail outlets.
- Signing off and replenishing stock.
- Warehouse sales
- Internal sales
- Proven work experience
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Well spoken English
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Ability to work under pressure
- A keen understanding of the importance of warehouse layout.
- Understanding that supports good customer service.
- An ability to research and invest in automation or improve current business operations.
- Drivers license
- Email your CV to
- [email protected]